As you probably know, Tibetan Mastiff puppies need to be monitored and corrected, or they can grow up to be a danger to themselves and others, just like so many other breeds. Puppy training is tough, though; yes, we know you have heard about it multiple times. What helps then?
Let’s find out.
What Age Should You Start Mastiff Puppy Training?
• According to the AKC, healthy puppies should be enrolled in training classes, and their training should start when the puppies are 7-8 weeks old.
• Okay, first things first, according to the American Society of Veterinary Behaviorists (AVSAB), a puppy, before joining training classes, should be administered the first dose of the DHPP vaccine. Yes, this is the minimum criterion recommended. Vaccine and everything synthetic should of course be avoided, but these are minimum criterion. If you want to follow these recommendations is up to you. (I always avoid vaccination, and the same goes for my pets.)
• What is the DHPP vaccine? It is a vaccine administered to puppies for protection from four diseases, distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus. The vaccine comes in a series of three shots.
• Why is the vaccine recommended to be administered? Because it might reduce the chances of developing the above diseases in your puppy, from public spaces and other dogs present in dog training classes.
• Why 7-8 weeks age, though? Why not ten weeks? Why not twelve weeks? Because the essential training programs covered, socialization, obedience training, and bite inhibition are most effective when your puppy is 7-8 weeks old.
• How do we know that? Well, because a puppy’s critical developmental period has the limit capped at 12 weeks. If trained late, your puppy might not grasp all the training lessons, leading to behavioral problems in the future.
Mastiff Puppy Socialization Training
According to the AVSAB, puppies from their youngest age should be socialized adequately. Are you looking to introduce your puppy to your friend? Go for it.
Does your friend have a gentle and friendly dog? Yes, introduce your Tibetan Mastiff puppy to socialize with it. Why is it so necessary? It will help your Tibetan Mastiff puppy with anxiety, and make it realize that people and other dogs are not its enemies.
Reduce Mastiff Puppy Aggression
Yes, socialization training will also reduce your Mastiff puppy from being aggressive.
Is there a proper process for it? Yes, there is, make sure that your puppy is not overwhelmed with people, dogs, toys, and puzzle games. Let the puppy take it slow and motivate it with healthy treats.
Mastiff Puppy Biting Inhibition Training
Stop puppy biting through inhibition training. What happens if you don’t? Your puppy can bite into anything and anyone; it can get sick, injure itself, injure someone else, infect someone else, which are things we don’t want, right? Puppies can be trained to keep their bite pressure in control when they are playing with other puppies. You should also train your puppy to understand the “drop it” or “leave it” command.
Tibetan Mastiff Temperament & Obedience Training
Puppy obedience training classes is fundamental to reduce aggression in your Tibetan Mastiff. If it was supposed to be expressed in percentage, it could be 110% out of 100%. Even the best puppy training books and training classes give the utmost priority to obedience training.
Yes, your TM puppy will also be given positive reinforcement-based training, which will make it understand which commands need to be followed, and the plus point? Your puppy stays motivated.
The Best Puppy Training Books
Below, you will find some popular and highly rated books for training Tibetan Mastiff puppies and other breeds as well.
Details: Having trouble building a relationship with your puppy? Then time to read this book; not only will it mentor you into becoming your puppy’s best pal, but will also give you insight into all the essential puppy training protocols and steps. Easily one of the best puppy training books, the author has covered every problem that a puppy owner can face, from out of control biting to pooping in the house, from your pup being aggressive to strangers to being a whiny baby when denied a treat.
Tibetan Mastiff Crate Training
• Please close the door: While your TM puppy is feasting on its meal. After it’s done with its meal, open the door immediately. Repeat the process next time, except delay opening the door by a few minutes every time.
T Mastiff Potty Training
• Train your TIbetan Mastiff puppy to recognize trigger phrases or commands.
T Mastiff training camps and classes are also beneficial, and you should utilize the full potential of them.