When a devoted Tibetan Mastiff and a kind Siberian Husky come together, what would you get? The answer is a Tibetan Mastiff Husky mix, which is both intellectual and friendly.
The Husky Tibetan Mastiff Story
The Tibetan Mastiff Husky mix is a one-of-a-kind cross between these two breeds. This mix, as a product of one or both of the two breeds, can be rather impressive! These dogs can be found in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. The appearance of this crossbreed is one of its most defining elements.
Husky Tibetan Mastiffs are an exceptionally rare canine breed with little historical background. As the name suggests, they are considered to have developed in Tibet, however, this is just an assumption. A Chinese breeder brought them to the USA for the first time in 1958. The American Kennel Club (AKC) recognized them as a breed in 1979.
Mastiff Husky Mix Family Dogs
Both parental breeds are energetic, loving, and devoted dogs. They also adapt well to lifestyle changes and living conditions, which may be applicable to your TM Husky mix puppy as well.
Here’s how a Husky Mastiff mix normally interacts with other dogs at home, just to give you a quick overview:
- When it comes to other animals and dogs, the Mastiff Husky mix is generally friendly and gets along with everyone in the family, even the other pets. Simply ensure that your new dog receives proper socialization from a young age to avoid any potential aggression.
- When it comes to kids, the T Mastiff Husky mix, according to their Mastiff ancestry, enjoys them unless they’re strangers. With children in the house, you can expect your new puppy to be affectionate and compassionate, making them perfect family pets!
- When meeting new people, this mix is cautious of strangers, making them an excellent security dog. If they are more like their Mastiff father, they will also have a stronger protecting instinct towards someone who treats them badly. As a result, when provoked or sensing that their pet parents are in danger, certain dogs may become aggressive.
Tibetan Mastiff Husky Mixes Near Me
Due to the rarity of the T Mastiff, this combination is difficult to come by. Because it isn’t yet a popular designer pet, just a few individuals in the United States focus on this unique mix.
However, all hope is not gone! Look through this list of reliable locations to see whether a Husky Tibetan Mastiff mix puppy is available for purchase:
- MCOA Breeder Referral Listings – Buying a healthy Tibetan Mastiff Husky mix straight from a reputable breeder is one of the best methods to get one. Look through the list of reputable breeders, all of which are active members of the Mastiff Club of America.
- Lancaster Puppies – This website displays a variety of Mastiff Husky pups for sale from various breeders. If you’re very lucky, you might even come across a TM Husky mix. You may also use filters to narrow down your search for your preferred gender or size.
- Greenfield Puppies – This is yet another puppy ad website with a large selection of purebreds and crossbreeds to choose from. They can be found in Pennsylvania as well as a few neighboring states.
Mastiff And Husky Mix Issues And Cross-Breeding
This mix is a huge dog breed, and as such, they have health risks that the owner should be aware of.
The TM is likely to have heart disease as well as hip and elbow dysplasia, while the Siberian Husky is prone to hip dysplasia as well as other hereditary problems. You should expect hip and elbow problems in a mix of these two breeds, so it’s important to take care of the pup and not excessively train it.
Additionally, the Husky Tibetan Mastiff is not hypoallergenic. People who are truly allergic to dogs may experience allergic reactions to the Husky component in the mix.
Although Husky TM mixtures are not as high-maintenance as Husky, they still shed a lot because a Husky is also included. You’ll have to brush them on a regular basis. We suggest that you select a skilled groomer and pay them a visit every three months.
Full Grown Husky Mastiff Mix And Kids
Prepare to be patient for the first year as your Mastiff Husky mix matures. Even for experienced T Mastiff or Husky owners, it will appear to be a bumpy experience! Because mixed puppies learn quickly, make sure to offer them lots of good socialization and training. A TM Husky will require proper mental stimulation as a combined breed of two smart, thinking canines.
Prepare to be patient for the first year as your Mastiff Husky mix matures. Even for experienced T Mastiff or Husky owners, it will appear to be a bumpy experience! Because mixed puppies learn quickly, make sure to offer them lots of good socialization and training. A Husky TM will require proper mental stimulation as a combined breed of two smart, thinking canines.
On average, this mix will weigh between 110 and 160 lbs. This will be determined by the parents’ size. It also depends on whether or not the T Mastiff is the father or mother. The mother’s breed is most likely to be comparable to this one.
Other Tibetan Mastiff Mixes
The Tibetan Mastiff is a relatively rare breed that produces a large variety of unique crosses. Here’s a list of TM mixes other than the Husky Tibetan Mastiff:
- Tibetan Mastiff Akita Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Alaskan Malamute Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Chow Chow Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Corgi Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff German Shepherd Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Golden Retriever Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Great Dane Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Great Pyrenees Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Labrador Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Mix Saint Bernard Mix
- Tibetan Mastiff Rottweiler Mix