Having a Tibetan Mastiff can be exciting and a lot of fun. Did you know dog owners, interestingly, are twice as happy as cat owners – according to a study published in the Washington Post.
However, pet care isn’t always easy.
Whether you own a cat, dog, bird, fish, or hamster, you have to be thoughtful about what can be fed to them. But if a TM dog is a part of your family, you have to be extra careful. Poor dog food nutrition can cause fatigue, diabetes, and malnourishment.
So, what kind of food to feed your Tibetan dog? Should you go for the commercially produced canned dog food brands? Or the foods derived from genetically modified methods? Or maybe a pure organically reared food source is the ideal choice for your dog?
What Is Organic Dog Food?
What Is GMO Foods
Why Are GMO Foods Bad For Dogs?
- Cereal: Most of the GMO foods contain altered soy & corn. This high cereal content can lead to gassiness and indigestion. Even something as serious as the development of stone in their lower urinary tract. Don’t take such chances and change your doggy’s diet.
- Meat source: The dog food you bought contains meat from livestock, free from the dangers of GMO, right? No, not necessary. GMO foods are also extensively used as animal feeds, mostly for livestock. How would you know if the livestock meat in your dog food is not a product of genetic modification? Thorough research & review.
- Marketing gimmick: There was a time when GMO foods were costlier than organic foods. Now the roles have completely reversed. Why? Because of the high and mighty claims of pet food companies that GMO foods are superior and healthy. This changed the focus of the demand of consumers from organic to non-organic. Something similar has happened with human food too. You get McD foods in $3 but will need to pay at least $6-$7 for healthy veggies.
- GMOs may be unsafe: The continued claims for the safety of all types of GMO foods is forwarded, but the medical evidence and trials where the risks of GMO foods is presented are ignored.
Organic vs. Non-Organic Pet Food For Mastiffs
Is Organic Pet Food Always Healthy?
What About USDA Certified Organic For Your Tibetan Mastiff?
Organic Dog Food More Nutritious Than Non-Organic
Your dog gets sick every time you feed it commercial non-organic brands of food? Do you have to go through the distress of seeing your dog vomit, have diarrhea, or manifest allergies? Well, now you may have a solution. Feed your dog organic foods and increase the chance of never seeing your dog being sick again.
Non-Organically Bred Livestock In Organic Pet Foods
Irritated of buying supplements of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins & fiber for your dog? Yes, we get it, you love your Tibetan Mastiff dog and these are essential nutrients your dog needs. Well, then why not shift to a certified organic diet for your dog? Organic foods contain a higher percentage of antioxidants, Omega-3 fatty acids, rich in vitamins & fiber.
The regulatory bodies & governments have a higher control on organic foods, be it for humans or dogs. And it guarantees you a higher standard of food for your TM.
How To Choose The Best Organic Food For Your Dog
- Go through all the necessary requirements and standards put forward by the USDA for organic foods.
- Study the label. Make sure that the food actually contains organic ingredients – a ‘certified organic’ seal. And does not contain ingredients that are sourced through GMO processes.
- Reputed bodies like the AKC guide you into choosing the perfect organic dog food, depending on the breed of the dog and the size.
- It is not always necessary that organic foods are free of pesticides. Sometimes pesticides are used, and trace amounts of these chemicals can present itself in ‘organic’ foods. Well then you would say they are not really organic, are they?
- Yes, big corporations can keep their ethics aside and market to you adulterated products containing harmful chemicals. Not everyone cares about your dog; you have to do that. Knowing the type of organic dog food to buy can help your Tibetan Mastiff pet live longer.