This article will reveal some of the malpractices and scams of the pet care industry.
Note the word ‘claiming.’ Anyone can claim any standard of quality. Unfortunately, not many know the grooming, skincare, and food products to choose from. Continue to read if you want to get a glimpse of the truth about these claims that are designed to fool you.
Tibetan Mastiff Care Products Free From Chemicals
Did you know you even have to worry about chemical ingredients that can harm your doggy? Yes, I’m not joking around.
Nearly everything your dog uses can be harmful, unless you watch out. Don’t believe me? Read on.
Formaldehyde And Parabens In Most Dog Shampoos
Sulfates in Foamy Pet Shampoos
Want to give your TM Dog a good bath? Take a look at your dog’s shampoo. You probably have Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) in it, which produces the typical foamy property of shampoos.
Ethanolamines In Dog Schampoo
You simply have ethanolamines in the shampoo – for their foaming and texture forming properties. This, even though chemicals break down into nitrogen and form harmful compounds, which are carcinogenic to the dog.
Tibetan Mastiff Allergy Due To Shampoo Use
The big businesses involved in dog products and animal ‘care’ know about it all, yet they continue to add such ingredients in grooming products.
Is This Mastiff Care And Healthy Dog Maintenance?!
- Isothiazolinone preservatives, which can cause skin irritation.
- Artificial fragrances.
- Pharmaceutically blended mineral oils that can be labeled as ‘Organic’ and are popular malpractice.
- Polysorbates & Polyethylene Glycol in “natural” dog shampoo.
- Ammonia containing and releasing chemicals.
- Phthalates in “natural” pet shampoo can cause hormonal problems.
How To Give Your Tibetan Mastiff Healthy Dog Care
- Read and research the product online, and on dedicated pet help forums. Get their honest reviews. However, you can’t trust everyone. Most are unaware of these issues.
- Carefully check the label of the products. The brand needs to mention on the label the kind of ingredients produced – like Formaldehyde for preservatives. In case the name of the ingredient is not given, and the concentration or strength is not mentioned, you might want to skip it.
- Research about the regulatory requirements for pet grooming products for pet grooming products. Some governments around the world may actually try to protect you – especially in Europe – but you do need to know what you’re buying too. It’s no one-way street here.
- Learn more about how the chemicals and excipients added in animal grooming products show side effects on your pets. You want the best for your pet – we get it. But how hard are you trying?
How To Choose Shampoo For A Tibetan Mastiff
Know the type of coat that your Tibetan Mastiff exhibits:
- Puppy coat with a darker and warmer feature.
- Wavy or wool-like coat with a thicker textured coat that easily gets tangled. Therefore, it requires regular brushing.
What’s the purpose of the Shampoo?
- Sensitive skin
- Fleas and Ticks
- Fungal infection or bacterial infection
- Dry skin
- Dandruff control
- Skin that gets easily tangled.
More Tips On Choosing The Right Shampoo For Tibetan Dogs
- Removal of dust and dirt:
What good is a shampoo if it can’t get rid of dust and dirt? Tibetan Mastiffs are long-haired pups. And you know what comes with that, right? Yes, more attention.
- Removal of body oil:
- pH Balance:
Did you know that you need a proper skin pH balance for your TMs health?
Forget that, and your TM wouldn’t look as great as before. Yes, you guessed it. It’s the pH balance that helps give the shine to your dog’s coat.
Many commercial brands – that do not have consideration for dogs in their hearts – may not buffer their shampoos properly. Surprise, surprise – your T Mastiff will not like the irritation.
Moisturizing Dog Shampoos
Now, the shampoos TM dogs use should contain emulsifiers or moisturizers which maintain the softness of the skin and hair. And also prevent the hair pores from drying out. Many low-quality shampoos and moisturizers do not provide adequate soothing quality to the dog.
Artificial Pet Care Is Not For T Mastiffs
Dr Bronner's Dog Shampoo For Your Mastiff (Recommended)
After scrutiny and personal testing, we judge that Dr Bronner’s shampoo is entirely free from harmful chemicals. I have personally used Dr. Bronner’s for a year, including on myself, and have found positive effects.
Even though this video does not display any Tibetan Mastiffs, it may help you decide if this shampoo is for you.
However, if your T Mastiff’s coat / skin tends to dry out, this shampoo might be a little bit too powerful. On the other hand, you can use Dr. Bronner’s extra mild soap. (I get no funding or affiliate commisions whatsoever for recommending this shampoo.)
Share this article